Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Misfits Glenn Danzig Tells Chris Jericho He Wanted To Be A Wrestler

Glenn Danzig via Girlie Action

Glenn Danzig, (former?) front man of the Misfits, appeared on the August 31st episode of Talk is Jericho and dropped a little bombshell to host Chris Jericho and the audience. Danzig, the legendary front man, wanted to be a pro wrestler before he ever became a famous musician.


"I wanted to be a wrestler," said Danzig "but I didn't think I was big enough. Then I met some wrestlers and I'm like, 'I could've been a wrestler.' But it all worked out pretty good in the end."

Danzig then went on to describe another incident that cemented his decision to stay in a band, a decision that would eventually lead to the creation of the Misfits.

"In high school I used to wrestle and then I saw my friend's arm snap when he fell in a wrong hold. He had metal pins in three spots and I was like, 'I think I'm gonna go back to my band.'

Ouch! Until recently, the Danzig Misfits had been on negative terms since their breakup in 1983, but appear to have smoothed over their differences. The Danzig Misfits reunion concert at Chicago's Riot Fest was hailed as the most important performance of the festival, and Rolling Stone gave rave reviews of the performance saying the group was in "top form" and Danzig looked "like he never left".

In a musical landscape run by advertisers that prefer to stay away from hardcore punk, the next question on many people's mind is "will they take that magic back into the studio?" or "will they do more tour dates?" Of course, anything is possible.






0 comments:

Post a Comment