Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Rob Zombie On Clowns: "I Like Them"


Creepy clowns have been spotted all over the nation but one person that probably wouldn't care if he saw a creepy clown is Rob ZombieThe musician/director gave more perspective into the creepy clown trend storming America while talking with Indiewire about his new movie 31.

"I guess because it’s so simple. Even when I was doing this movie – people just have a thing with clowns. I don’t know why. I mean, I like them," said Rob Zombie, "I don’t find them funny, but I find them interesting. But I guess because of that makeup — you know, take some grease paint, it doesn’t take a lot of effects, it doesn’t take an elaborate costume. Put a little bit of makeup on your face and it totally transforms the person."

Rob Zombie is no stranger to transforming actors into creepy clowns. You might remember Sid Haig as Captain Spaulding, the gas station/haunted house ride attendant from House of 1000 Corpses and the Devil's Rejects. In 31, a group of carnival workers are kidnapped and stalked by a group of creepy clowns.

"In fact that’s why, with Richard Brake’s character, I kept his makeup so simple. Because even I was amazed at how little makeup you could put on somebody and totally lose their features, and I didn’t want to lose his features, because they’re pretty striking. But if I put this crazy Bozo makeup on him, it’d be like, well now I can’t even tell what his face is doing. And even a movie like “It,” the original one, who the fuck could tell that’s Tim Curry? It’s amazing how much it can transform someone’s face."

The latest Rob Zombie film, 31, is available on demand.





H/T - IndieWire

0 comments:

Post a Comment